In class notes:
git branch (tells you what branch you are on) git status (gets status/tells you where you are) git checkout master (goes back to master) git checkout -b (creates new branch) touch.gitignore (create .gitignore file) touch "filename" (creates a new file) Steps for creating branch: 1. git branch fileName 2. git checkout (like cd for branches) 3. git add . 4. git commit (push locally) 5. git push (push to github)
- need to put node modules as git ignore
- easily create sites
- heroku takes our packages –> hosts at new url for us
git push heroku master heroku logs -t heroku needs below code in js file: "var port = process.env.PORT || 8000;"
- SQL stores database for you. SQL Database is a set of tables, like a spreadsheet.
- Different SQL datatypes: numbers, strings, binary data (just use text field)
- Connect to database, define fields
- Talk to it through node. Need to install database client library
- One database per project
- psql connects: a terminal-based front-end to PostgreSQL. It enables you to type in queries interactively, issue them to PostgreSQL, and see the query results. Alternatively, input can be from a file or from command line arguments.
- in command line: Brew install postgresql
Big thank you to MIGNA!