Sound + Color + Environment!
Objective: When people take a photo of their surroundings using the app, the photo will turn into colored pixels. Each of these “pixels” will have a sound that matches the color. The goal is to create a tool that helps one experience the world in pure sounds and colors. I also intend for this to be an extension of my previous “Sound + Color” project. By having the more educational “color frequency” page from that project, it will be easier to explain how I chose the sounds of the colors for this “Environment Page”.
Functions + Features:
- Environment Page (mobile):
- when user takes a photo –> photo pixelates into color blocks
- user can click over one color block at a time to hear that sound
- or user can click on the play button (at the bottom of the page) to hear the full soundtrack of all the colors
- a sound wave that matches with the frequency of the color + sound
- Environment Page (desktop):
- same as above but only difference is that the photo captured will be from the computer’s camera
- Environment Page will need to be both for mobile and web
- Recreate the previous web vs (with the Intro, Learn, Draw page) so that it is mobile friendly
- Add an about page that explains the science a little more and has some of my research references
Here is an example of the pixelation effect that I am hoping to achieve: