Raspberry Pi Setup using Tutorial
YAY! Installed node and able to connect to sandbox! Biggest shoutout to Tom Igoe and Tushar for all the help!
Questions + Answers + Notes:
- Q: Does raspberry pi have it’s own memory? I noticed the “wpa_supplicant.conf” file is not in the sd card when I read it from my computer. Is it stored on the raspberry pi?
- Q: Difference between ESSID and SSID? Is it a problem if the ESSID is “off/any”
- A: ESSID is the same as SSID; the issue is that “ESSID: off/any” means that the internet is not connected.
- Q: why was my pi not able to connect to the sandbox370?
- A: 1.) wrong sanbox password, 2.) not putting “sudo” in front of “ifconfig” command when you are logged into the pi
- Note: when you run “sudo ifconfig”, and notice that the wlan0 (which is the wifi card) does not have an ip address with “inet” –> means not connected to wifi yet.
- Note: “ifup activates a network interface, making it available to transmit and receive data.”
- Note: “ifdown command disables a network interface, placing it in a state where it cannot transmit or receive data.”
- Note: for installing node to raspberry pi via command line: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32563173/installing-node-js-on-raspberry-pi-2
- Note: IP deals with packets; TCP enables hosts to establish a connection and exchange streams of data
References found along the way: